Job #: 5551
Title: Database Developer – Alpharetta, GA
Technology team is looking for a Database Programmer to join a technologically advanced team focusing on developing and enhancing the Lending applications. Candidate should be fluent in related technologies including Spring, databases, database interface layers, web protocols and standards, web browser display technologies (Angular) and associated Java development tools. To be successful, the role will require the individual to understand the banking technology landscape, and to offer creative solutions that integrate current capabilities with proprietary system builds.
Job Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
* Hands-on development using PL/SQL and related technologies.
* Understanding Java applications as well as multi-tier Java EE style applications in the finance technology supporting all lending business lines.
* Work as part of a banking Agile Squad.
* Candidate must have good communication skills and can lead IT deliverables.
* Working in the Agile development methodologies, collaborating with business and technology teams located globally.
* Actively contribute and participate in sprint grooming and planning discussions, daily stand-ups, and Agile ceremonies.
* 7+ years of experience working with large volume databases.
* Strong in database and UNIX Shell scripting.
* Hands on experience working on Python (data manipulation, processing, loads etc.).
* Worked on high performance data loads and extracts, performance tuning, optimizing database queries etc.
* Some experience with big data including Hadoop, Spark, and Hive.
* Tools for Version Control, Job Scheduling etc.
* Experience in working with partners and stakeholders across geography and time zones.
* Good communication skills. Should be able to work across both Business Users and IT teams across regions and can lead IT deliverables.
* Working experience in agile development methodologies.
* Understanding of requirements of large enterprise applications (security, entitlements, etc.).
* Data modeling and implementation.
* Experience with ETL tools like Informatica.
* Minimum BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.