Job #: 5550
Title: Big Data Developer
Candidate must have expertise in leading design and development of Hadoop applications as well as multi-tiered Java EE-style applications. Candidate should be fluent in related technologies including Apache Spark, SQL, Scala, Java, and associated Java development tools. Candidate will interface on a regular basis with other teams including other internal IT teams across Wealth Management, BA team, QA team, and global development team. To be successful, the role will require the individual to understand the banking technology landscape, and to offer creative solutions that integrate current capabilities and proprietary system builds.
Job Functions/Duties and Responsibilities
* Candidate must have strong hands on expertise in design and development of data intensive applications.
* The candidate will analyze user requirements, envision system features and functionality.
* Prepare functional and technical development specifications to build high performance reference data stores
.* Candidate will interface with global team of developers and business users.
* Perform proof of concepts in the new areas of development.
* Work as part of a banking Agile Squad / Fleet.
* Working understanding of Agile development methodologies and understanding of DevOps Integration.
* 8+ years of expertise in building data intensive, scalable applications using Hadoop technologies.
* Apache Spark, Hive hands-on development.
* Scala, Core Java preferably 1.8 and SQL/Databases (DB2, SQLServer).
* Expertise in Java EE design and programming, solid understanding of complex multi-tiered applications.
* Working knowledge of Git, CI/CD.
* Understanding of requirements of large enterprise applications (security, entitlements, etc.).
* Experience with standard set of Java developments tools including IDEs, build frameworks, source code control etc.
* Exposure to JIRA or other ALM tools to create a productive, high quality development environment.
* Ability to interface and work with Global team on functional development and express design ideas throughout the process.
* Knowledge of Financial market, lending based products and Wealth Management is a plus.
* Minimum BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MCA.