Job #: 1483
Title: AIX Administrator
Under general direction of the Director of Customer Support Services, the AIXUnix Administrator oversees the configuration, installation, testing, and troubleshooting of network physical and virtual AIX, Unix, and Linux server infrastructure and operating systems.
Responsibilities also include management of vendors, auditing, periodic checks to ensure smooth functioning of all the hardware components and software applications, configuring and maintaining directory services, data services, file sharing services, and resource sharing services.
Participate in the development and support of Open Systems architecture and strategy across a large multi-vendor platform environment (HP, IBM, Oracle, UNIX). Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously while performing day to day operations.
- Strong AIX, Red Hat Linux and various other UNIX flavors administration skills.
- Strong knowledge of IBM Power VM, VIO upgrades, migrations and patching.
- Strong shell-scripting experience (sh, ksh, csh shells, Perl, etc.).
- Expert troubleshooting abilities.
- Understanding of data center infrastructure technologies including Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Experienced with virtual machine technology and topologies.
- Experience with backup and recovery.
- Understanding of operational and support processes and best practices.
- Desire to stay up to date on technologies and best practices.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Provide 24/7 support as needed and during emergencies.
- Monitoring network and server operations.
- Provisioning and troubleshooting virtual machines.
- Evaluate or recommend server hardware or software.
- Identify or address interoperability requirements.
- Implement updates, upgrades, and patches in a timely manner to limit loss of service.
- Identify, standardize, and communicate levels of access and security.
- Document installation or configuration procedures to allow maintenance and repetition.
- Test backup or recovery plans regularly and resolve any problems.
- Test issues such as system integration, performance, and system security on a regular schedule or after any major program modifications. The following skill sets are highly desirable and preferred
- Knowledge of security policies and experience implementing security controls.
- Knowledge of VMware
- Knowledge on IBM Monitoring tools (Tivoli, Netcool, Impact..etc)
- Knowledge of End point protections
- Advanced Unix shell programming skills.
- High Availability cluster technologies and virtualization skills.
- Working knowledge of SSL
- IBM application monitoring skills.
- Working knowledge of AIX system performance tuning.
- Knowledge of the Cloverleaf interface engine, Lawson financial systems and Kronos time and attendance in an IBM AIX and Redhat Linux environments a strong plus.
EDUCATION – Required
BA in computer science/information technology (or equivalent experience)
Minimum Years of Experience Type of Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the use, support and maintenance of PC systems, software, networks, and related hardware.