Job #: 3189
Title: Database Engineer – Alpharetta, GA
Database Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide guidance and support to Application Developers
• Assist with schema design, code review, SQL query tuning
• Install, tune, implement and upgrade DBMS installations
• Write and deploy SQL patches
• Upgrade and improve application schema and data upgrades
• Process work accurately and in a timely manner
• Always paying attention to the detail
• Proactively and regularly make recommendations for system improvements
• Collate, prepare and present statistical information for internal and external use
• SAP Sybase, Sybase RepServer, SAP Hana, Python, Linux, KSH, Veritas Clustering
Write and Maintain Database Programs
Database engineers write new database programs and maintain existing programs to ensure they can handle the flow of traffic and the amount of data being stored in the database.
Design New Databases
Database engineers help design new databases based on company needs, data storage needs, and the number of users accessing the database.
Monitor Databases and Programs
Database engineers continuously monitor databases and related systems to ensure high functionality.
Write Programs and Scripts
Database engineers write new support programs and scripts for databases to deploy, operate, increase data storage capacity and fix existing database problems.
Database engineers troubleshoot database code, checking for potential problems that affect database functionality and related database programs.
Database engineers look through coding language to debug existing database scripts and programs.
Review Database Reports
Database engineers review daily, weekly, and monthly database reports, including user reports and systems information, to spot problems and ensure that all databases and support systems are working at peak levels.