Job #: 3271
Title: Automation Engineer – Alpharetta, GA
Automation Engineer, Systems Engineering – Job Description
• This will include assisting in the design, implementation, integration, and maintenance of the server environment across internal data centers and public cloud infrastructure.
• This position will be responsible for building, deploying, and maintaining a variety of automated systems, interacting with many tech and non-tech resources as well as vendors and external resources.
• The candidate will be creating and documenting systems/application architectures and is responsible for complex technical projects and interfacing with business and technology teams.
• Understand security requirement documents and implement those into automated solutions to keep our environment secure, including being able to report and update the status at scale
• Scripting/automating security baseline remediation tasks
• Assist with new RHEL8
• Extensive deployment/migration experience leveraging automation (physical and virtual).
• Work with Project Managers and Business stakeholders to design and develop solutions to address business needs and propose changes to develop effective solutions.
• Examine requirements documents and create technical design documents, and implementation plans for small to complex projects.
• Analyze data critical to capacity forecasting, asset management and procurement.
• Ensure that the technical environment is properly maintained and correctly designed.
• Mentor less experienced team members.
• Collaborate openly and continuously with geographically dispersed team.
• Minimum 5 years of Linux or equivalent experience including knowledge of security hardening best practices.
• Minimum 5 years of virtualization engineering experience (VMware).
• Minimum of 3 years working with infrastructure automation and config management tools (ie. Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef).
• Minimum of 3 years working in a mission critical production Linux environment.
• Working knowledge of standard version control systems (ie: GitLab, Bitbucket, SVN, etc).
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in both verbal and written English.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting experience.
• DevOps and automation mindset
• AWS service offerings, including VMWare Cloud on AWS (VMC)
• Familiarity with understanding and implementing security controls on Linux servers.