Job #: 2155
Title: Windows Support
Primary objective is to support, patch, and maintain all components of Microsoft server environments. To ensure the response time of the team meets or exceeds the SLA set by the business units. The position responsibilities include: hands on patching of all the MS servers; ensure all systems comply with security standards; triage servers with security exceptions with application support teams; advance troubleshooting skills for MS server OS, activate directory, networking, exchange and other applications that run on Windows OS. Create weekly reports that show the performance of the team and server compliance to security standards. Organizational and leadership skills are required along with the ability to prioritize changing workloads.
• Patching of MS servers via SCCM.
• Manage Windows support queue.
• Responsible for creating weekly status reports on patching and support queue.
• A deep technical understanding of Microsoft Server OS, Active directory, Exchange, and other Windows applications.
• Understanding of how to manage server permissions via AD, GPO and RES groups.
• Responsible for patching and updating servers to the latest patches or OS versions.
• Respond to issues involving systems managed by the OS Team.
• Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding all desktop issues.
• Understanding how to manage and configure both physical and virtual servers.
• Responsible for troubleshooting application failures on Windows OS.
• Manage the lifecycle of server systems from birth to sunset.
• Be able to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Be able to review current processes and improve upon them.
• Be able to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical teams.
• Be able to create training documents.
• Hands on troubleshooting skills.
Windows server 2003 through 2016, Windows performance tools, Task manager, Lakeside, Tools to monitor system performance, MS office suite, Outlook, Visio, Trading applications, Acrobat, PowerShell scripting, expert on SCCM, APPV, Avanti, VMware venter, and VMware Horizon.
• Bachelors degree in computer science or computer engineering.
• A high level of expertise in hardware including understanding all aspects from power on to power off.
• The ability to figure out solutions to problems via standard and non-standard methods.
• High level scripting in multiple languages to be able to create and debug scripts to perform job functions.
• Organized and methodical troubleshooting skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Hands-on system troubleshooting experience.
• Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and guides.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Must be a self starter. The individual must be able to follow-up from issue to resolution.
• Prior experience managing a technical team.