Job #: 2302
Title: VMWare/VDI Engineer
Contract Labor Title: Support Services: Server Engineers – AIX, VM, SAN, CISCO, VMX, UNIX, Linux
Functional Title: VMware/VDI Engineer
We are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of VMware/VDI Engineer for a 3-month contract with possibility of converting to permanent position based on performance.
2. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Work collaboratively with the VMware, VDI and other EITS technical staff to install, maintain, troubleshoot, monitor, upgrade and optimize VMware ESXi and Epic applications, environments and the systems they run.
• Setup, configure and deploy VMware-based systems for high-availability and efficiency, including vCenter, vSphere, and ESXi v6.x, Horizon View VDI.
• Leverage virtualization capabilities to further automate systems management, analysis, and performance monitoring.
• Responds to and logs end user support calls
• Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned
3. Qualifications / Required Skills
• 2-3 years of VDI experience
• Epic implementation or support experience
• Knowledge about VMware View on Hyperspace.
• Interpersonal skills (problem resolution, contention management)
• In-depth knowledge of deployment techniques (vmware, sccm, etc).
• Advanced windows server and desktop troubleshooting skills.
• Advanced knowledge of networking technologies to include; routing, dns, active directory.
• Batch file and command line skills
• Core VMware technology skills including experience with VMware v5.x, vCenter, Application Virtualization, Desktop Virtualization (VMware Horizon/View/Thinapp/ based systems).
• Experience deploying, managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting virtualized server and desktop environments.
• In-depth knowledge and hands-on troubleshooting experience in Window; should be well versed with log files related Application Deployment and OS deployment. Setup/troubleshoot applications for new VDI deployments.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment – both independently and as part of a team.
• Dell, or other Hardware infrastructure certifications are desirable
• VMware certification