Job #: 2303
Title: VDI Engineer
Functional Title: Senior VDI Engineer
We are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Senior VDI Engineer for a 3-month contract with possibility of converting to permanent position based on performance.
2. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Consultant will provide architecture, design and implementation analysis as well as recommendation around VMware virtualization best practices.
The primary goal will be to ensure the reliability, stability, and availability of the systems in a 24/7 multi-site always-on environment.
• Architects and designs improvements for the company’s VMware environments
• Apply enterprise design principles and best practices for implementing and supporting VMware virtualization pods (on-prem)
• Supports overall health and capacity management of the existing environment
• Interfaces with other teams to coordinate and schedule new implementations or maintenance initiatives
• Produces detailed documentation including data flow diagrams, logical diagrams, and physical diagrams, as required
3. Qualifications / Required Skills
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical field required
• 5 years’ experience design and engineer VMware virtual desktop infrastructure environments.
• Extensive experience as a VMware Horizon VDI Engineer providing 24/7 operational support for production environments
• Extensive experience working interactively with business customers and resolving day to day VDI related issues.
• Extensive experience supporting and maintaining Horizon Connection Servers, Unified Access Gateways, App Volumes, and DEM (formerly UEM).
• Extensive experience upgrading and patching the Horizon and Windows environments to meet security, audit and business requirements.
• Complete command over troubleshooting issues related to Horizon VDI components.
• Hands on experience supporting and maintaining Windows 10 operating system in a VDI environment (Linux a plus).
• Hands on experience maintaining Windows Server 2012 R2 and later, preferably 2016 and above.
• In-depth knowledge of configuring and implementing AD group policies, DEM, DHCP, DFS, DNS.
• Hands on experience with VMware vSphere 6.5 and later.
• Experience with PowerShell a plus.
• Experience creating technical documentation.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• After-hours support rotation and implementation, as needed