Job #: 2767
Title: Trading Support Engineer
The Equities Run the Bank team is responsible for the Production Trading platform used by external clients and internal trading desks. The RTB team ensures that applications and infrastructure are operating to meet the needs of the Equities business. RTB is responsible for day to day support of the users, incident and outage management, and change management.
We are seeking a Front Office Support Engineer to join our dynamic team, and provide hands-on support for the applications used by our Electronic Trading Business.
What will you be doing?
• Manage the production environment of a critical trading platform
• Proactively monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve production incidents
• Work closely with business users, development, and infrastructure teams in order to resolve production issues quickly and improve the platform
• Implement production software releases and post release checkouts
• Drive process improvements, system monitoring, and automation
• Manage business, enterprise, and support team initiatives and projects
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or Mathematics-related discipline
• 5+ years of total work experience
• 2+ years of experience in directly supporting Front Office trading applications
• 2+ years’ experience with Perl, Python and/or Shell scripting skills.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in Smart Order Routers and Algorithmic trading
• Strong communication skills, organizational skills, and ability to multi-task
• Strong troubleshooting capability and analytical skills
• Middleware experience (ex. Tibco RV, Solace)
• Working knowledge of FIX protocol
• Experience with KDB, Autosys job scheduler, SQL, bitbucket, Geneos ITRS, JIRA, and Confluence