Job #: 3011
Title: Telecom Support
Functional Title: Telecommunications Support Technician
We are seeking a candidate for the position of Telecommunications Support Technician for a 6‐month contract, with possibility of converting to permanent position based on performance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain a perpetual inventory of telecommunications equipment, hardware, software and circuits related to the Telephony systems, Pagers and Smartphones
• Responsible for procurement, configuration, and deployment of Mobile telecom devices to include item, such as Apple iPhones, Galaxy Smartphones, Mifi’s Pagers and Air Cards
• Verify and ensure all Hospital telephone equipment location records, extension assignments, type of instruments, class of service, repair records, system data servers, and the telecommunications database are maintained correctly and accurately
•Manage telecommunications fund control points and processes and verifies the accuracy of the monthly telecommunication invoices
• Oversee the supervision, planning and delivery of system support services, including troubleshooting, customer assistance, and/or training, in response to customer requirements
• Creates and plans the work to be accomplished by EITS Telecommunications support staff, Telecom vendors and/or team
• Responsible for the Telecommunications Infrastructure and supporting systems/components at the Hospital to include continuous monitoring and analysis of the telecommunications Infrastructure to ensure a maximum performance and availability
• Responsible for vendor root cause analysis reports, vendor Zero Usage reports, PBX third party applications inventory
• Prepares EITS weekly summary reports, staff assignment updates and staff reviews
• Responsible for emergency phones and business continuity re‐direct services
•Reviews existing voice and data configurations within elements of the medical center and makes recommendations and/or changes to improve the. efficiency and effectiveness of the system’s service
Qualifications / Required Skills
2 to 4 years proven experience in the Telecom field, or IT related including a broad knowledge of various telecom/IT products, services, and technology.
3 to 4 years proven experience in Telecommunication Support; telecommunications invoicing, technical communication, circuit provisioning, configurations pricing methods, and contracts.
Proven experience working with local, long distance, wireless, and specialized carriers.
Proven proficiency with numbers, experience in analyzing large amounts of data, and an ability to consolidate and translate that data into business insight. ·
Solid expertise with carrier’s portals; including opening circuit tickets when issues arise. ·
Strong analytical skills; with Excel expertise is necessary.