Job #: 1646
Title: Technical Writer – Colorado
The Technical Writer is responsible for developing and maintaining product and process documentation that helps our customers and employees understand and successfully use and support our products and systems.
• Plans, develops, and maintains documentation including technical materials, reports, operations and maintenance manuals, training materials, change management communication, detailed technical procedures, and other publications for internal and external audiences.
• Applies journalistic interviewing techniques to develop content for written materials including conducting interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation.
• Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals.
• Follows appropriate workflows and collaborates with various departments to ensure all external facing products meet company standards.
• Edits written material and assists in layout process by suggesting charts, illustrations, photographs, drawings, sketches, and diagrams that best illustrate the material.
• Reviews, edits, or re-writes material prepared by other writers.
• Participates in content and materials development presentations and training.
• 5+ years of experience writing documentation for software or other technical products
• Bachelor’s degree or Associate degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Experience in writing for different audiences; highly technical to non-technical
• Creation and utilization of various communication methods including writing, graphics, charts, diagrams, etc.
• Strong collaboration skills and the ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing tasks and resolving issues in order to deliver quality projects on time and within budget.
• Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral, listening and writing) skills are required; Results oriented individual who exhibits high energy, strategic thinking and global collaborative approach.