Job #: 2868
Title: Technical Writer – Alpharetta, GA
The position will require basic project management skills to collaborate with various technology teams and manage parallel documentation streams at the same time. Selected individuals will focus on all Infrastructure platforms and technologies which will include Database Engineering and Systems Engineering.
• Plans, develops, and maintains documentation including technical materials, reports, operations and maintenance manuals, training materials, detailed technical procedures, and other publications for internal technology teams.
• Applies journalistic interviewing techniques to develop content for written materials including conducting interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation.
• Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, and engineering illustrations,
• Edits written material and assists in layout process by suggesting charts, illustrations, photographs, drawings, sketches, and diagrams that best illustrate the material.
• Reviews, edits, or re-writes material prepared by other writers.
• Participates in content and materials development presentations and training.
• 5+ years of experience writing documentation for software or other technical products
• Bachelor’s degree or Associate degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Experience in writing for different audiences; highly technical to non-technical
• Creation and utilization of various communication methods including writing, graphics, charts, diagrams, etc.
• Strong collaboration skills and the ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing tasks and resolving issues in order to deliver quality projects on time and within budget.
• Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral, listening and writing) skills are required; Results oriented individual who exhibits high energy, strategic thinking and global collaborative approach.