Job #: 2209
Title: Technical Business Analyst
The position is for a Technology Business Analyst, focusing on processes and systems that support two U.S. Banks. These banks are independent national banks and wholly-owned subsidiaries. Because of their national bank charters and ability to attract stable insured deposits, the Banks represent valuable franchise-enhancing strategic assets to the Firm.
The U.S. Banks Technology team is responsible for supporting Bank business and growth by managing the provision of technology within a regulatory-compliant, risk-managed framework in a cost effective manner. The team is seeking an experienced Technology Business Analyst to review the Bank application inventory and document Bank-specific use cases including product impact. The Bank application inventory is a core element of the Banks’ technology risk management process, including the identification, tracking, reporting, and oversight of risks and remediation activities.
The position is located at the New York office.
• Develop an understanding of the Banks’ business models and products, and familiarity with technology services provided by the affiliate technology organization
• Work with business and technology teams to understand product and process flows and confirm catalogue of Bank-supporting systems
• Create or enhance documentation explaining how each application supports the Bank product and process
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business, Economics, or Finance
• Five plus years of experience in a similar role in financial or banking services, with practical knowledge of banking principles and products
• Practical knowledge of technology and information security processes
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to solve problems independently and drive tasks to completion
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to summarize complex information clearly to senior technical and non-technical audiences
• High level of attention to detail and focus on precision
• Good interpersonal skills, with an ability to navigate complex organizations and build relationships
• Prior experience working in a large bank
• Familiarity with banking principles including capital adequacy, stress testing and liquidity risk
• Familiarity with banking products including securitized loans, mortgages, securities based lending, and high net worth lending