Job #: 783
Title: Technical Architect – Infrastructure – Parsippany
Technical Architect who is responsible to create an environment that delivers exceptional “Fit to Purpose” infrastructure technologies. Key responsibilities are setting technology direction, strategy, policies, and guidelines for one or more technology activities (e.g., Proxy, Firewall, DDoS, Software Defined Network, Network Automation) globally within the organization. The Infrastructure as a Service team is searching for a qualified candidate to join the team and become part of strategic efforts that will enable us to create a software defined data center. This candidate will be working with infrastructure technologies such as Proxy, Firewall, DDoS, Automation, Storage, Servers, Compute Virtualization, Networks as well as knowledge about scripting.
The Technical Architect must have the ability to challenge the status quo both technically & operationally. He or she must exhibit both an expert level of knowledge in the infrastructure technologies as well as have a broad understanding across software defined technologies. Experience with Proxy, Firewall, DDoS, Network and concepts of scripting using Python, Chef, HTML5 is preferred. There will be a heavy focus on how these technologies are integrated using API’s and concepts that can be applied to automated infrastructure life cycle management delivery.
The position is responsible for providing leadership to all aspects of the Infrastructure technologies projects and activities. You are responsible to work closely with other groups (example: PaaS, GSO, Design & Build, Service Managers and Operations) to understand the request, as well as why, what and how we fulfill the request. Should be able to facilitate, manage, negotiate project scope change and scope change controls between various IaaS teams.
• Create annual technology business plan for area of responsibility.
• Provide vision in support of the creation of Architecture.
• Evaluate new and existing external vendors in support of the enterprise goals.
• Recommend appropriate technology platform to support business processes and information flows.
• Analysis and recommendation of new or different technologies to enhance current systems.
• Provide technical support to client and technology management to ensure development of efficient application systems utilizing established standards, procedures and methodologies.
• Develop and maintain a system architecture and standards from firm wide operations
• Resolve architectural and technology choices balancing strategic integration and urgent business needs.
• Ensure that business technology requests maximize the technology investments made.
• Address complex technology needs of the clients by applying sophisticated technical skills and understanding business functions.
• Promote use of innovative new technology and best practices for BU or Enterprise-wide new product and solution development initiatives. Influences and governs current and strategic architectural blueprints.
• The architect designs systems, fit for purpose, vis-a-vis performance, availability, scalability, recoverability and security.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Collaborate with key stakeholders (Service Managers, Design Engineers, Operations and Project Managers) to gather and develop requirements
• Participates in Business planning, IT Strategy and Setting direction
• 7+ years of experience in the technology specific field and proven record to manage large enterprises
• Experience primarily with technologies such as Firewall, Proxy, DDoS, Networking, and extensive knowledge of other technologies such as Network Automation, scripting, VPN, DNS/DHCP. Wireless. Also, need to have experience with server & desktop Operating systems.
• Must have demonstrated leadership qualities Ability to work collaboratively & be a team player
• Expertise in specific technologies & deep understanding of majority of the technology portfolio
• Experience with Visio, PowerPoint, MS Office Suite
• Proven ability to assist in providing technology analysis, recommendation and business case development for client requests requiring new or enhanced products / services to ensure development of efficient systems in alignment with strategic direction.
• Proven ability to conduct vendor / product analysis, evaluation, certification and recommendation of new or enhanced IT vendor products / services
• Proven ability to develop and govern infrastructure design patterns, standards, blueprints, application frameworks, configurations, product technical solutions and roadmap.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate and solicit input from other IT Disciplines when developing solutions, roadmaps and vision.
• Strong leadership skills with a proven ability to facilitate cross-functional teaming
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
• Approximately 10% travel is required
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree
• Vendor certification preferred