Job #: 2495
Title: Tableau Developer
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Consultant will be responsible for Tableau Dashboards, Reports, and Metrics development, and capable of visualizing and creating customized dashboards in Tableau for reporting various project metrics.
Good knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehousing (EDW), dimensional modelling and design, Analytics, Enterprise Dashboard, Key performance Indicators (KPIs), Data Quality, Master Data Management and Data governance best practices.
Must have a strong background in visual data delivery, interactive design and Oracle/SQL with a passion for perfection.
Consultant will be responsible for planning, designing, coordinating and developing highly interactive dashboards with built-in guided analytics for various lines of business using shared infrastructure.
• Tableau expert with 4-6 years of professional experience with an uncanny ability to create data visualizations
• Must have the ability to understand MS-SQL and Oracle in order to convert existing queries and move them between environments.
• Oracle/SQL skills to create complex joins and awareness of the Oracle functions & cursors
• Good understanding of DataMart/Data warehouse concepts
• Analyze, study and understand business domain data requirements, user task flows and objectives and create pixel perfect design solutions for visual data delivery and analysis
• Develop multiple prototypes, mock-ups and conceptualization of ideas that bring simplicity and context to complex design challenges
• Identify and evangelize design best practices in data visualization that promote user friendly and high-quality products.
• Will be converting existing excel reports and re-creating in Tableau
• Create user-friendly and dynamic Tableau dashboards with KPIs, Heat Maps, Scatterplots, Bar Charts, Slicers, Drill down, Drill up etc. features and possess understanding of when to use them.
• Excellent knowledge of Tableau calculated fields, parameter controls, hierarchy, groups, sets, dashboard actions, filters, annotations etc. in Tableau
• Experience and familiarity with publishing, scheduling, refreshing reports to Tableau Server 2019.x and later
• Strong SQL skills for data wrangling, querying and transformation with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases.
• Ability to consistently deliver results across shifting priorities and deadlines in fast paced environment
• Ability to work with a ‘sense of urgency’ in order to meet critical deadlines
• Detail oriented with strong investigative and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to proactively engage in a teamwork culture
3. Qualifications / Required Skills
• BS in computer science with combined 4+ years experienced in:
o 8+ years of IT experience (preferably healthcare)
o SQL Server Management Studio – 2012 or later version (SSMS)
o Data Migration, Management, and Implementation experience between various development environments & systems
o Experienced in full System Development Life Cycle & Agile environments.
o Experience in using Data Analytical & Visualization Tools such as Tableau
o Ability to work in independently / in teams with minimal/no supervision.