Job #: 2597
Title: System Engineer – Omaha, NE
System Engineer provides a very high level of support for the core technology group with regards to the system and environment. This position will work with Development, Support, Testing, and various production support levels to ensure the system is performing as expected.
Ability to consult, guide and influence direction will be a requirement for the System Engineer. Often consulted for assistance, this person will need to provide solutions or directions as required.
Support and administration duties will include;
• Basic and complex server administration including installs, configurations, patches, troubleshooting, and expert level product support in both production and non-production environments
• Perform implementation, maintenance, remediation, and troubleshooting services for enterprise applications supporting Back Office services
• Tune databases and plan capacity. Monitor database events, troubleshoot faults and resolve problems.
• Provide testing and performance tuning support
• Oversee and manage restoration of high severity impacting incidents
• Analyze performance and systems health statistics to proactively manage and maintain environment.
• Provide 24 X 7 production On-Call support within a team rotation.
Consulting will include;
• Provide extensive Database and data knowledge for: Database administration, Sizing And Analysis, Design, Security and Maintenance
• Perform routine systems configuration, administration, and data related activities in Unix/Linux environment.
o Intersystems Caché
o Java (Apache Tomcat)
• Coordinate with multiple groups for installation
• Provide consulting or education with regards to supported environment
• Intersystems Caché knowledge is required.
• Proficiency in Unix/Linux system usage is required
• Database knowledge is required.
• De-normalized DB knowledge is a plus
• Java (Apache Tomcat) administration
• Scripting knowledge
• Strong learning agility, and problem solving skills
4 year degree / 7 years’ experience