Job #: 2525
Title: System Administrator – Omaha, NE
First Shift: This is a 1st shift position. Starts at 6:30 am and ends at 2:30 pm central time.
Second Shift: This is a 2nd shift position. Starts at 2:30 pm and ends at 10:30 pm central time.
The Command Center Technician troubleshoots and develops technical solutions to restore software application and infrastructure failures, applies standard workaround procedures and ensures issues are resolved in a timely fashion, and escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources.
• Conduct ongoing, real time monitoring and detection of incidents using state of the art monitoring technologies
• Prevention of system incidents via the execution of pre-defined inspection scripts to interrogate the health of server operating system, database performance, and evaluation against standard performance levels
• Verification and logging of batch job execution against defined service levels and the resolution of job failures
• Gathering of data to support incident classification and performing the necessary analysis to correctly ascertain client impact
• Execution of defined troubleshooting techniques to analyze system incident symptoms and define the resulting client/associate impact
• Resolution of system incidents via the selection and execution of appropriate incident solutions and communication
• 2 year college degree; 4 year college degree preferred
• MIS or Computer Science major preferred
• 1 year related work experience
• Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
• Training or experience associated with the administration and engineering of technical infrastructure including Unix, Windows, Network Storage, middleware, or database
• Experience/education centering on Information Technology or Customer Service in a brokerage operations environment
• ITIL certification preferred