Job #: 1966
Title: Sr. BA Corporate Accounting – Tampa, FL
This position is within the Finance Business Tech Services group and will involve supporting the Global Data Integrations (GDI) Project Manager in managing the process of planning for and implementing financial administration systems into the GDI architecture.
As part of this process, the Consultant will be a part of the GDI team that acts as a liaison between business groups (e.g. Corporate Finance, Lines of Business (LOBs), Investments stakeholders) and IT Technology partners (e.g. Corporate IT and Lines of Business (LOB) IT). General activities of the GDI team involve analyzing current output of admin systems, capturing business requirements from LOBs, and working with IT partners to coordinate the implementation of these systems.
PROJECT PLANNING & INITIATION
• Oversee large projects that span across multiple areas, functions, and/or lines of business.
• Create project charters, plans, and other required documents.
• Maintain the project plan, coordinate and execute assigned project plan tasks, and track overall project health utilizing MS Project.
• Schedule and execute inception, business analysis, and other related meetings with business partners including the creation of presentations and meeting setup activities.
• Assist in Project Communications and Status Reporting to related groups.
• Analyze accounting transactions processed via financial administration systems.
• Provide recommendations on implementation approach.
• Define requirements including accounting rules, derivations, and extract mapping and obtain sign-off from business resources.
• Comprehension of GDI architectural components to support analysis and troubleshooting.
• Create process flow diagrams to reflect current and future business processes.
• Provide business input during technical discussions.
• Offer recommendations for process improvement opportunities while addressing complex business needs.
• Coordinate meetings between business and IT groups to review IT design solutions as they relate to the business requirements.
• Attend status meetings and/or create regular status reports to assist Project Manager in tracking all phases against the project plan.
• Adapt to changes needed to existing GDI processes/procedures to accommodate stakeholder needs.
• Analyze test files and issues found throughout testing to determine appropriate resolution, communicate to LOBs, IT and testing partners, and track defects to completion.
• Coordinate activities related to Deployment/rollout of administration systems into GDI architecture.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
MIS is preferred
• 5-7 years of experience leading projects
• 8-10 years in Business Analyst role
• Good consensus builder, team player
• Proficient analytical skills is imperative
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills
• Leading and motivating team members in a non-supervisory capacity
• Effective meeting facilitation skills including creation of clear meeting agendas, setting meeting tone, and driving discussion topics to completion
• Ability to work autonomously and be proactive in identifying and resolving issues, recognizing and prioritizing tasks to be accomplished
• Familiarity with Corporate accounting structure including PeopleSoft (Corporate Ledger software)
• Knowledge of accounting principles and familiarity with financial statements is preferred
• Strong MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills are necessary and knowledge of Microsoft Project, Visio, and MetLife admin systems a plus
• Insurance experience a plus
BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, MIS, or other related field