Job #: 2267
Title: SQL Server DBA
1. Engagement Description
Contract Labor Title: Support Services: Database Management Services – SQL SERVER
Functional Title: SQL Server Database Administrator
We are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of SQL Server Database Administrator for a 6-month contract with possibility of converting to permanent position based on performance.
Engagement Location, Hours and Duration:
2. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• SQL Server database administration and development; including data analysis and design, software installation, security administration, capacity planning, data modeling and optimization.
• Must have experience with large-scale database support and maintenance (VLDB), SQL Integration and Reporting Services and server hardware configuration. Healthcare industry background is a plus.
• Design storage strategies around backup and recovery for complex database environments, physical structures, and specialized database applications maintaining up-to-date plans for disaster recovery and fail over capabilities.
• Development testing and support, optimization and Data modeling.
• Experience with Cloud based solutions such as NoSQL and Big Data apps; such as Hadoop, is a plus.
• Manage SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/2014/2016/2017/2019 databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
• SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints).
Request for Statement of Work
3. Qualifications / Required Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology or Engineering
• 8+ years of SQL Server Database Administration experience.
• Understanding of security practices related to data ingestion, storage, analysis and visualization
• Design storage strategies around backup and recovery for complex database environments, physical structures, and specialized database applications
• Maintaining up-to-date plans for disaster recovery and fail over capabilities.
• Strong analytical skills, oral & written communication skills, user interaction
• Strategic and clear thinking to translate discrete and complex ideas to business-driven results