Job #: 1379
Title: SQL Server DBA
Momentum is looking for a solid SQL Server DBA.
The Senior DBA position will be responsible for maintaining the company’s database systems (primarily MS SQL Server) ensuring resiliency, uptime, HA/DR, performance, capacity planning, overall monitoring and documentation.
This Senior DBA role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, a focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with stakeholders to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with all stakeholders.
- Learn relevant business processes and understand data flow, criticality and dependencies.
- Engage in continuous sizing exercises to forecast growth and work with storage team to ensure adequate storage on all servers.
- Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users).
- Use available toolset (Idera Diagnostic Manager, SQL Sentry, RedGate Monitor, etc.) for database tuning. Generate traces, execution plans, identify and resolve performance issues, address deadlocks/contention.
- Develop HA/DR strategies to meet or exceed application RTO/RPO targets and implement solutions for managing backup and recovery.
- Support and mentor software developers to drive proper coding practices and assist in the development of complex SQL, tuning of DML and the creation of stored procedures/functions/triggers/etc.
- Participate in 24×7 on-call rotation to support database environment.
- Support ancillary systems in the database environment (Delphix, etc.)
- Innovative approach to work, constantly looking for upgrading the system to more efficient and effective new technologies.
- Preferred candidates will be able to monitor and triage issues across all database management systems in the Mizuho environment as required (SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, etc.).