Job #: 790
Title: Software Engineer – Java – Jersey City
· Create and enhance data systems in support of global equity portfolio management. Responsibilities include:
· Analyze the data requirements of custom portfolio management processes.
· Automate and support batch data-delivery processes.
· Investigate and resolve market data-related issues across multiple platforms and application vendors.
· Build, test, and support all layers of internally developed applications (batch processes, database objects, middle-tier code, and front-end code).
· Interact with investment professionals.
· Write and maintain technical documentation.
· Strong java developer with 5+ years experience in object-oriented design.
· Mastery of core java libraries (collections, JDBC, etc).
· Write SQL queries on a major database platform (MSSQL, Oracle, etc.).
· Experience with a source control system such as Perforce, CVS, SVN.
· Asset management experience (understand positions/portfolios/SMF) .
· Stored procedures in T-SQL or PL/SQL.
· Batch process automation using a scripting languge (Python, Perl).
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
· Team player.
· Able to handle multiple projects with varying deadlines.
Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree preferred.