Job #: 1909
Title: Software Engineer
Position: RICE SDLC Developer
RICE (RIsk Calculation Environment) is a proprietary development platform written to support the entire Fixed Income Sales & Trading business. The RICE platform provides tools and an environment for IT and Strats to build trading and risk management tools as well as meet the demands of the evolving regulatory landscape. The platform has grown substantially and now supports 500+ users which has created a set of challenges warranting the creation of a new and dedicated SDLC team.
Within RICE, the goal of this new team is to build and deploy tools and infrastructure that maximize developer efficiency and eliminate barriers that slow down our time-to-market for the businesses currently supported and the businesses we are expanding coverage to. This includes:
* Developing new tools to optimize and automate our entire QA and release process, shortening the feature release time from ~2 weeks to less than 2 days with an aim to reach continuous deployment.
* Building and deploying new infrastructure to improve the developer experience.
* Identifying performance bottlenecks in all parts of the environment and implementing solutions that address those bottlenecks.
* Implementing improvements to the core components of the platform to further strengthen its foundation.
Since this role covers the entire platform spectrum, it is expected that the candidate will be spending considerable time developing in Scala, Python, and various web-based technologies. We are looking for both junior and senior developers who are not afraid to get their hands dirty and love to be technically challenged on a daily basis. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is never satisfied with the status quo and always looks for active ways to make things better. This is a opportunity to make a direct impact on the lives of 100’s of developers, who highly value even the simplest of improvements to their daily workflow.
* Highly motivated and a self-starter who is interested in getting to the bottom of complex issues.
* Experience with compiled (Scala / Java, C++, or C#) and interpreted (Python) languages on Linux and Windows.
* Prior work experience developing tools and components to integrate with systems for source control (particularly enterprise-scale git), build automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, change management, or large-scale software distribution.