Job #: 1523
Title: Software Deployment Engineer
Software Deployment Engineer to join its Information Technology Department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for deploying endpoint and server software to multiple environments using deployment automation and orchestration tools. Candidate will be working with various application support teams, as well as desktop and infrastructure and operations engineers and administrators to implement and maintain operating system software as well as 3rd party tools and applications on managed devices. Candidate will also implement and maintain an asset management system for managing all enterprise devices (endpoints, servers and network devices).
To qualify for this job, candidate must have a firm grasp of Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems, automation, patching and deployment tools, such as Ivanti Landesk, Quest Kace, Microsoft SCCM, and similar software stack. Also, candidate must have a strong understanding of Client/Server computing, Microsoft AD/LDAP, as well as be conversant with networking principles and TCP/IP. Candidate should have strong Windows Systems engineering experience and be very knowledgeable on Group Policy (GPO).
- Design, implement, and maintain an enterprise software deployment, automation and orchestration platform
- Create and maintain a patching program for managed devices
- Design and implement automation for various systems management tasks
- Perform software integration testing on endpoints
- Create and maintain standard system images
- Perform security, performance and availability assessments of endpoints
- Troubleshoot software deployment and patching issues
- Install, configure and maintain Windows desktop and server operating system software
- Install, configure and maintain 3rd party software and client/server applications
- Create and maintain documentation on device configuration, troubleshooting, design etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, computer science or a related field required
Requires previous experience with software deployment engineering in a medium to large enterprise (5,000+ managed endpoints and servers)