Job #: 2739
Title: Software Cloud Engineer – Denver, CO
Although this position will begin as a remote role, it will be required to sit in our Denver office when we are released to return.
The AWS Cloud Software Engineer is responsible
for: Working with a larger team to plan, review requirements, design, and
develop the most optimal and secure cloud-based solutions. Engineer must have
exceptional problem solving skills and have a greater understanding of the
code base to identify and solve issues before an issue becomes systematic.
The engineer must stay current with best practices, industry standards, and
make recommendations as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Design & Develop system code per specifications provided by the Team Lead or Business Analyst.
· Unit tests component code written by self or others and also writes tests for automation.
· Periodically Peer Review code and designs produced by team members.
· Mentors new and less experienced engineers.
· Collaborates with Business Analysis, Quality Assurance, and System Administrators at various stages of the Software Development Lifecycle
· Ability to work independently
· High attention to detail and commitment to Quality
· 8 years or more experience in a Cloud Software Engineering role or related position.
· Knowledge of web services, API, REST, and RPC.
· Strong awareness of networking and Internet Protocols.
· Database experience and knowledge of NoSQL such as DynamoDB.
· Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
· Experience using Terraform is a plus
· Experience in Node is recommended.
· Proven track record of strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
· Excellent Interpersonal, verbal and writing skills
· Able to accept & adapt to changing priorities.
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team, manage multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines.
· Work closely with both the business and development teams globally in resolving issues.
· Technical: 8 – 10 years
· Required: HS Diploma/GED
· Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
· Other Certifications:: Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus. Other cloud-related certification also a plus.