Job #: 2932
Title: Software Asset Analyst – Alpharetta, GA
POSITION: Analyst Cloud Business Office
This position would work within the platform engineering organization to build, review, and maintain best-in-class governance models to effectively manage our public cloud environment. The governance models include areas of cost management, governance risk management policies, procurement, and vendor oversight. It requires frequent collaboration with technical workstreams across the cloud engineering team.
Technical Requirements – Describe the technical knowledge and experience required to accomplish the job duties and responsibilities.
• 5-7+ Years of cloud business office experience or related work.
• Working knowledge of the AWS Application Hosting services (EC2, containers, serverless, storage, etc.)
• Familiar with AWS billing constructs and cost optimization concepts.
• Experience with implemented policies and procedures with regards to public cloud governance.
• Ability to collaborate and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.
• Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required.
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (e.g. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
• Willingness to challenge the status quo and dig deep into legacy technology, processes, and practices to understand how to transform and move them forward.
• Experience planning and migrating traditional on-prem DB architectures to AWS using RDS, Redshift, DynamoDB and other AWS data services.
• Support vendor management strategies and financial
• Provide cloud governance guidance to business owners, procurement, internal audit, and security organizations.
BS/BA Preferred or equivalent experience.
AWS Certifications a plus.
Special Skills – Describe any special skills needed to perform the job duties. Examples include: other languages, special math or writing skills, experience with specific equipment, computer hardware or software, knowledge of special terminology.
• Strong architectural understanding of cloud-based data and analytic services and the patterns of use, challenges with each, best practices, etc.
• Good understanding of AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
• Experience with any CBO or cost management solutions. i.e. Cost Explorer, Cloud Health, Cloudability, Turbonomic, etc.
• Experience with managing Reserve Instances, Savings Plans, Budgets, etc.
• Willingness to be a “tech evangelist” to help drive adoption and acceptance of new patterns and ways to solve problems.