Job #: 2641
Title: Site Reliablity
The Site Reliability Engineer / Application Support Engineer II ensures that applications operate efficiently and execute successfully to meet client and business needs. This position involves production support, code analysis, and development work focused on the operational characteristics of applications.
• Implement complex solutions to all known/documented production incidents
• Define and implement innovative solutions for unknown production incidents of moderate to high complexity
• Interface with L1 and L2 support groups, providing assistance and guidance as required
• Fulfill ad-hoc requests from business partners for system/database updates or queries to support company operations
• Provide off-hours support on a rotational basis
• Verify accuracy and completeness of documented solutions to production incidents
• Analyze application code logic to determine root causes of complex production incidents
• Define and document software requirement changes necessary to fix root causes of production incidents
• Implement moderate to high complexity code changes that resolve root causes of incidents or enhance operational characteristics (resilience, scalability, etc.) to applications that support business operations and client activity.
• Install, support, and customize vendor-built software that is utilized by development and support teams.
• Design and develop in-house built applications and tools that streamline development and support processes.
• 4-year degree with a major in Computer Science or related discipline
• Object Oriented Development principles
• Java (using Spring)
• SQL (DML, preferably Oracle experience)
• Working in a Linux environment
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
o Intersystems Cache Objectscript
o Linux scripting
o Linux server administration
o Basic network administration skills
o Agile / DevOps principles and tools
o Familiarity with ITIL Framework