Job #: 784
Title: Sharepoint Development Manager/Architect
Will manage 2 resources (most likely consultants for now) minimum. Selling points: Ownthe SharePoint platform, so this DEV manager will be responsible for setting the governance around SharePoint apps, etc. for the firm. Also, we are rebranding SharePoint this year so will be involved in that project. Other projects for this year include: Vendor Onboarding, Contract Onboarding, Consultant Onboarding, Revamping some of our current processes, etc.
This position requires a seasoned C# developer building Web Centric applications. Understanding & implementing good interface design, attention to usability factors and applying “best practice” development are required for this position.
The position involves implementing the entire SDLC process. It requires the ability to communicate with constituents and understand the requirements, write the specifications including mock-ups and workflow and finally the developing the software along with other IT team members.
Management of small team of development staff with 2 primary disciplines:
Sharepoint – Document Management, Workflows, Webparts, Intranet
Architectural signoffs for staff members
Gathering of business requirements
Building applications as per the specification.
Development – primarily .NET/C# and web technologies
Implementing and performing rigorous testing of the software that is developed.
· At least 5 years of C# development – .NET
· At least 5 years of IIS/Web development experience
o Back facing: ASP.NET, Web API (JSON, REST)
· At least 5 years of SQL experience – modeling, queries, optimization
· At least 5 years of development experience in an OO language.
· Strong understanding of the full modern SDLC (ie. test driven development, DevOps, unit, integration testing, etc.)
· Seasoned developer who uses design patterns and other good design constructs. Strong architectural skills.
· Management experience preferred.
Minimum 3 years relevant work experience as a SharePoint Developer defining, designing, testing and deploying web solutions on Microsoft Office platforms.
· Experience in the financial industry in Fixed Income &/or Equities is a plus.
· Ability to work with business and product leaders to understand their requirements.
· Ability to clearly document and communicate objectives, requirements and designs at these different levels of abstraction.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Effective presentation skills
· Strong educational background with BS / MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related area.
· Working knowledge of Windows and IIS
· Experience with automated testing tools
· Self driven — Ability to lead projects from initiation to completion.
· Ability to multitask several ongoing issues. This involves the ability to assess priority and make appropriate decisions quickly and effectively.