Job #: 2276
Title: ServiceNow Developer
The Service Now Developer will play a key role in maturing our Service Now platform, and as a result, our Service Management practice. This individual will be the technical design lead for Service Now code and architecture, and work with key business units and process managers in order to build solutions and processes, supporting maintenance, continual service improvement, and new capabilities on the Service Now platform.
· Chief technical designer for Service Now code and architecture, responsible for overall Service Now code quality.
· Design, prototype, implement, test, and deploy business rules, technical solutions, such as client scripts, UI pages/actions/policies, scheduled job, import sets and transform maps, ACLs and notifications.
· Develop custom integration components (SSO, CMDB, SAS connectors etc.) and integrate legacy systems with Service Now using mid-tier, web services, chatops, email and other relevant technologies.
· Develop existing and custom applications within Service Now including integrations with other applications.
· Hands-on experience in Service Catalog/Service Portal modules.
· Create and use update sets to move customizations between Service Now instances.
· Design for and maintain highly available and recoverable environment.
· Provide administrative Service Now support, including advanced support via troubleshooting, implementing bug fixes and root cause analysis.
· Document, maintain and update policies, procedures and controls for the operation of the Service Now Platform and it SDLC.
· Responsible for reviewing requirements to ensure that they are provided in sufficient detail to be accurately estimated. Work with managers to fully understand business functionality, pain points, and areas of improvements.
· Commit to continuous improvement and learning of development and Service Now best practices, tools and technology.
· Proactively keeps Service Now skills current- Manage and lead the development work of vendors and consulting staff.
· Mentor and share Technical knowledge with Service Management team
· 3+ years of experience of Service Now development
· 3+ years of experience in IT Service Management process design
· Service Now Admin Certification – Overarching understanding of Service Now Enterprise product suite
· Fundamental understanding of the key technologies relevant to the Service Now integration solutions including: Service Now API’s, SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST, SCP, FTPS
· Ability to apply business concepts into a technical solution.
· Web portal development skills such as HTML, CSS, Angular JS, Bootstrap
· Experience implementing the following Core Process Areas: Incident, Problem, Change, Service Catalog, Request, CMDB, Knowledge
· Ability to crate reports using the standard reporting engine, plus metrics and SLAs
· Follows Service Now best practices (including scripting, security, and implementation.)
· Displays aptitude in learning new modules based on training materials.
· Experience with collaboration across functional borders enterprise-wise (i.e. within and outside of IT.)
· Clear written and verbal communication skills.
· ITIl foundation certification
High school diploma or GED Preferred Qualifications
· 3+ years Service Now administration in an enterprise environment.
· ITIL Intermediate certification- Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration and documentation skills.
· Asset Management skills
· Experience in a healthcare domain
· Passion for providing excellent service to all internal customers.
· Integrity and Trust
· Customer Focus
· Functional/Technical skills
· Written/Oral Communication