Job #: 931
Title: Senior UX Researcher
The Senior User Experience Researcher works closely with project stakeholders and across teams to identify appropriate UX research activities; design, plan, implement and report on these activities for enterprise web applications and services.
This individual, in concert with other UX practitioners, designers, architects and Project Stakeholders, proposes and conducts user research activities consisting of Strategic and Tactical studies and is responsible for coordinating, planning, executing, and reporting on these activities across products, services and platforms.
The Sr. UX Researcher is an expert who possess a deep and broad background in, and can lead user experience research specifically as it relates to software development. In this role, you will:
• identify the proper research methods based upon product phase, needs, goals and timelines
• create proposals along with research roadmaps and timelines
• collaborate to obtain stakeholder approval on and implement research activities based upon proposals
• recruit test participants, create screeners, manage participant scheduling & related external vendor interactions for recruiting as needed
• set up and facilitate user research covering quantitative and qualitative data collection techniques in accord with product goals and in support of data-driven design.
The ideal candidate will possess broad expertise in end-user data collection involving complex web and mobile software applications and has experience performing most if not all of the following research activities from inception through data analysis and final reporting on recommendations and insights:
• 1:1 task-based testing/IDIs
• iterative discovery / formative testing
• remote moderated 1:1 testing
• remote un-moderated testing
• remote open/closed card sorting
• 1:1 open/closed card sorting
• focus groups
• ethnography/day in the life/site visits
• 1st click-testing
• 1:1 interviews
• survey creation
• behavioral analytics analysis
• CSR call volume data analysis
• NPS sentiment analysis
• concept testing / desirability studies
• prototype testing
• cognitive walkthroughs
• contextual inquiry
• heuristic evaluation
• triangulation of research data across multiple points and areas
This individual also investigates and evaluates User Experience Research trends in the industry and communicates recommendations to the enterprise team aimed at enhancing UX processes, incorporating new or innovative ideas, increasing research velocity/value/efficacy and/or recommending new methodologies and tools as appropriate.
The Sr. User Experience Researcher works in a multidisciplinary environment, and in a collaborative fashion, on user experience research activities throughout the software development lifecycle of applications, often with numerous research initiatives occurring concurrently.
• Expert background in user experience research with software, web and/or mobile applications.
• Experience with research, design and prototyping tools is desirable.
• Knowledge and experience in Information Architecture, User Interface Design and Visual Design along with related best practices is desirable.
• Deep experience and past success performing UX Research on software within an Agile SDLC is required.
Advanced degree or 7+ years experience in UX research in an agency or corporate software environment.