Job #: 999
Title: Senior Solaris Administrator
Infrastructure team is seeking a Senior Solaris administrator to look after mission critical Unix environment. This is a highly visible role, essential for daily business operations. Person will be responsible for ensuring systems stability, proactive maintenance, application releases, and end user support on a daily basis.
First and Last line of support for Unix related inquiries and issues
Build and deploy Solaris packages for internally developed and third party applications
Monitor, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve system related and user reported issues
Build, configure, patch, and maintain Solaris 10 physical servers and Solaris Logical Domains (LDOMs)
Configure Unix File systems (UFS), Zeta File System (ZFS), NFS and SAN attached devices
Address hardware and software issues, escalate problems within the team and external vendors.
Coordinate hardware break fix activities with support engineers
Maintain backup infrastructure, ensure successful completion of backup jobs on a daily basis and troubleshoot failures, send backup tapes off site, complete data restore requests in a timely manner
Provide Unix support for application development teams with application builds, packaging, configuration changes, releases, HA and Disaster Recovery testing
Participate in annual BCP/DR testing
Perform data center duties (server racking/cabling/moves)
Manage DNS, LDAP, Postfix, NFS and other infrastructure core services
Take full ownership of the environment and become the main point of contact for infrastructure and development teams
Comply with internal policies, procedures, and audit recommendations
Perform other duties as assigned
· Must have 7+ years of hands-on experience managing Solaris systems
· Expert knowledge and solid experience with:
o Solaris 10 Operating System, application and hardware provisioning/maintenance.
o Solaris LDOMs virtualization
o Server technologies, Storage Area Networks, Backup Management Systems and system security
o NetBackup administration
o LDAP/Kerberos/Mail administration
· Must be able to build and manage Solaris packages
· Experience managing Sun/Oracle (T4, T5, M300, M10) servers
· Experience with NetApp hardware is preferred
· IT project management and organizational skills.
· Very good interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills.
· Must be able to multitask, work in high stress environment and be flexible with work shifts.
· Must be available for off hours and weekend support
· Take personal accountability and ownership, go above and beyond assigned duties to ensure prompt issues resolution, client satisfaction, and the overall improvement in quality of service delivery