Job #: 1809
Title: Security Project Manager
Job Title: Technical Project Manager
Lead the Firewall STP development effort, with primary emphasis on documenting/developing various user/functional requirements in the form of user stories and other documentation. Coordinate, host and document stakeholder and team meetings in NY, with at least one weekly meeting late in the evening with the Shanghai development team. The PM will also be responsible for managing the Symantec CAS infrastructure rollout, replacing the EOL M86 technology. The PM will coordinate near-term delivery to support business unit objectives, and work with technology leads, SMEs, Product Management and Product Owners. The Technical Project Manager will manage and track multiple software development and/or security infrastructure projects in a structured and efficient manner following a mature project lifecycle model [including Agile] to create value-add for the firm.
* Manage all phases of varied and complex projects including project initiation and planning, requirement gathering, technical design, software development or security engineering, testing, deployment and adoption.
* Produce and maintain project documents including detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports, ensuring PLC (Project Lifecycle) compliance for all project deliverables.
* Ensure communication to all stakeholders across all levels including detailed engineering and operational level communications as well as program and executive management project status, issues, and risk reporting.
* Collaborate with internal clients/colleagues including Security Engineering, Security Operations, Enterprise Infrastructure stakeholders, IT Security stakeholders and application deployment and support teams across Technology.
* Ensure project completion and success
* Escalate as necessary to remove any roadblocks impeding success
* 8+ years of managing and delivering complex projects
* Superb communication written and oral communication skills
* Technical knowledge of one of the following security domains
* Financial management of projects
* Global, virtual team management
* Proven leadership and ability to drive projects to a successful conclusion
* Expert in MS Office, MS Project, Atlassian JIRA
* Experience of managing scrums and associated routines/tools