Job #: 2573
Title: Security Operations Engineer – Arlington, VA
• Work with Development, DevOps and Security teams to identify and develop automated security and compliance capabilities in support of DevOps processes.
• Implement specific security policies in the CI/CD security tools including but not limited to SAST, DAST and SCA applications.
• Define the security rules that needs to be adhered to at a code level in web and mobile applications written in Java, React, Objective C, SWIFT, Kotlin etc.
• With your development background and security knowledge, provide security guidance to developers in the form secure coding standards and guidelines.
• Support security standards, create templates and patterns to increase the efficiency and adoption of security program.
• Bachelor degree with 6 years of work experience in the IT field
• 1+ years of exposure to the following:
o OWASP Secure Coding Practices
o Common software and web application security vulnerabilities
o Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) processes and concepts using relevant technologies and tools ( e.g., Jenkins)
o REST API design & development
• Desire to move to security field
Even Better If You Have
• A degree in Cybersecurity or CISSP/CSSLP certification or keen desire to move to security field
• Business acumen to support the implementation of SAST or DAST or IAST across the enterprise
• Ability to perform code reviews with minimal assistance
• A self-starter, with a strong desire for learning new technologies and applying them to solve problems
• Experience with two or more of the application build environments like Jenkins, Gradle, Maven.
• Familiarity with public cloud services a plus
• Experience with two or more of the Secure SDLC tools like Burp Suite, Fortify, Checkmarx, AppSec SE, Veracode, WhiteSource, Sonatype
• Experience with Threat Analysis.
• Experience with DevSecOps, Secure SDLC.
• DevOps container/orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker, Puppet, etc) is a plus
• Experience with evaluation, integration and onboard of security tools such as RASP, WAF, vulnerability scanner results, container analyzers, open source scanning etc is a plus