Job #: 2941
Title: Scrum Master – Remote
Responsible for facilitating on-time, high quality delivery. Servant leader to the backlog teams while working with integration leads to meet critical path deadlines. Winning combination of capabilities and experience include the ability to quickly understand business objectives, functional and non functional specifications, decomposition into user stories, release planning and management to plan.
• Responsible for agile quality and ceremonies including; daily standups, backlog refinement, retrospectives and sprint planning.
• Engages and assists the product owner to ensure that work requests are properly articulated, prioritized and decomposed successfully across functional and non-functional product dimensions.
• Works to identify blocked or stalled stories to ensure that the team can meet their sprint and delivery goals. Conducts root cause analysis.
• Escalation lead who attends “scrum-of-scrums” (S2) if applicable
• Provides training to new team members regarding agile process
• Promotes and evangelizes the teams work across various formats while working to drive transparency into the work through demos, table tops, mock tests, metrics and reporting.
• Leads capacity planning and budgeting
Must be competent in all of the core areas of scrum including, but not limited to: the Scrum framework, user stories, estimation, release, iteration and daily planning. Ability to put people before process with the ability to work with a wide range of leadership and workstyles. Highly effective in driving deliverables who is more results and people oriented, but also knows how to effectively leverage a process to drive iterative delivery. A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required with 5 or more years of related experience. Certifications are helpful but not required. Must understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition as well as other tools designed to improve the process. Ability to quantify and lead the work effectively, while quantifying the work via meaningful KPIs and metrics.