Job #: 2431
Title: Scrum Master – Alpharetta, GA
The Scrum Master is responsible for facilitating the successful, on-time, high quality delivery of various product development activities by leading and coaching one or more delivery teams. Serves as the on-scene expert and not only understands these concepts, but is able to articulate their value and the dynamics of using one or more of them. Acts as an ambassador to any audience of agile practices and of their teams.
• Responsible for the planning and facilitation of standard meetings to include; backlog preparation, iteration planning, retrospectives, iteration reviews and daily stand-ups
• Engages and assists the product owner to ensure that work requests are properly articulated, prioritized and detailed
• Works to identify blocked or stalled stories and assists the team in learning to resolve the issues or assists getting resolution
• Presents daily updates at “scrum-of-scrums” (S2) if applicable
• Provides training to new team members regarding agile process
• Identifies additional team and individual training needs
• The Scrum Master may be tasked with some activities associated with traditional project management activities such as status reporting, budgets, staffing, project/product communication and others as needed
Must be competent in all of the core areas of scrum including, but not limited to: the Scrum framework, user stories, estimation, release, iteration and daily planning. Must be able to coach others. A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required with 5 or more years of related experience. Certifications are helpful but not required. Must understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition as well as other tools designed to improve the process.
Must be dedicated to continuous process improvement. Must be able to train others to understand new information quickly. Must consistently exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.