Job #: 2057
Title: Scrum Master
Equities experience is a MUST HAVE
The Scrum Master is a servant leader, helping keep the Scrum team productive and learning. They must have a good understanding of the Scrum framework and the ability to train others to use it.
The Scrum Master is responsible for promoting Agile values and principles within the development team and the organization. The Scrum Master does anything possible to help the team perform at their highest level. This includes: helping to remove impediments to progress, facilitate meetings, and doing things like working with the product owner to make sure the product backlog is well – groomed and ready for the next sprint.
The Scrum Master acts as a buffer between the team and any distracting influences.
The expectation is the candidate is well versed in Waterfall and experienced with Agile disciplines with the expectation they would be Scrum Master on 1 to 2 Agile team and potentially assist on infrequent small scale Waterfall projects.
• Assists the team by showing them their planned velocity vs. historical velocity, to make sure the targeted work can be accepted
• Helps Product Owner prepare through multiple levels of planning and road mapping discussions
• Fosters conversations/communications
• Enforces team ground rules and cultural norms
• Reviews action items and next steps and holds team accountable for follow through
• Facilitates Sprint Reviews; Works with Product Owner and team to determine the agenda for the review
• Facilitates Sprint Retrospectives; Captures info and summarize as sprint planning input
• Backlog Refinement: Helps Product Owner administer, prepare, groom, prioritize, and right-size the backlog
• Ensures the team is fully functional and productive
• Enables close cooperation across all roles and functions and removes barriers
• Encourages team to be more self-organizing and self-managing
• Stays focused on delivery and quality, by encouraging teamwork and collaboration and minimizing silos and hand-offs
• With the Product Owner, clearly communicates product vision, roadmap and product backlog items to the development team
• 4 year college degree required
• Minimum of 3 – 5 years Project Management/ Scrum Master experience
• 4 – 6 years total work experience
• Financial/Trading services experience with Equities is a MUST HAVE.
• Options knowledge is preferred, but not required.
• Wealth Management experience preferred
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification; First level Scrum Master certification: Scrum Alliance: Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Scrum.org: Professional Scrum Master (PSM 1) preferred
• Ability to act as a faceoff to business partners with minimal oversight
• Extraordinary problem solving capabilities and conflict resolution capabilities
• Solid problem solving, decision making, and analytical skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required for interactions across organization
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• Experience in facilitating large group meetings
• Experience in presenting to senior management
• Competent in the technical arena and understanding of system development, process improvement, and/or infrastructure
• Experience in planning for and effectively managing project and program risks
• Respectfully challenge the norm and demonstrated ability to improve the process and efficiency of the team
• Exhibits behaviors indicating a focus on goals, overcoming obstacles with the ability to exhibit respect, and promoting teamwork
• Ability to motivate and inspire team members, both on an individual and team level, with regards to achievement of project or program goals and objectives
• Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development as it pertains to moving/converting to an Agile methodology
• Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
• Familiarity with common Agile practices, Scrum service-oriented environments, and better development practices
• Must be able to work with other teams across the organization that do not have agile practices or operate in more legacy workflows (i.e. waterfall or ticket based/shared services)
• Experience as a Scrum Master for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
• Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.