Job #: 1810
Title: Risk Manager
**Must have: strong financial background, VERY organized, quick learner and someone who is a self starter or execute independently. Advanced in Excel and Powerpoint (uses alot of PP).
Has risk reporting and tracking background. At least 5 years experience.
** some compliance background would definitely stand out.
Are you interested in joining a growing team and the ability to make a difference by ensuring a consistent risk management approach? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– Champion risk management in partnership with business areas
– Lead risk management interactions with key business partners (Credit, Compliance, Legal, Finance, Risk, etc.) and internal auditors / external examiners
– Monitor & report on overall operational risk portfolio
– Actively support risk related committees (i.e. Operating Effectiveness, Operating Risk, Enterprise Risk)
– Manage and complete Business Risk and Control Assessments (e.g. Risk Control Self-Assessment, Risk Identification)
– Administer and manage database of controls and risks for the team
– Track, report, and coordinate closure of identified issues
– Enhance the Business Risk Framework for all types of Risk
You’ll be working as part of the GWM Americas Banking Group Business Risk Management Team. Our team manages Business Risk (first line of defense) in partnership with multiple Control areas (second line of defense).
Your experience and skills
– College degree with at least 5 years of experience
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Strong negotiation and influence skills
– Proven track record of delivering results and meeting targets
– Track record of successfully supporting business users with reporting & analytics, decision support, and presentation support
– Ability to interact with all levels of management, multi-task and work well under pressure
– Clean regulatory track record
– Analytical, consultative and investigative skills and an independent, driven approach
– Thorough understanding of Cyber defense, Information Technology, Information Security Frameworks, Risk Management and IT Security
– Preferred work experience in the disciplines outlined above, especially exposure to cyber and information security
– Organized, analytical and able to readily interpret data, including legal and compliance related materials
– Self-confident, have strong judgment, and evidence sound decision making and problem solving skills
– Comfortable collaborating with diverse constituencies
– Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook