Job #: 2594
Title: Research Analyst
The Americas Risk Management – Corporate Research Department Americas’ (CRDA) mission is to provide value-add research and insight to support the Risk, Credit and Banking Departments on strategy for credit decisions and business development across our coverage areas: Health Care, Consumer, Auto, Industrial, Energy, Basic Materials, TMT, Real Estate and Power & Utilities.
Through close interaction both internally (local credit, banking and equity departments and global network of 60+ CRD analysts) as well as externally (3rd party data providers, industry practitioners, corporate clients, etc.), CRDA is responsible for producing biannual Industry Research reports on an industry and sub-industry level, with ad hoc reports when notable changes occur in the macro environment or industry fundamentals. On a monthly basis, CRDA tracks Key Risk Indicator (KRI) to monitor the health of the coverage industries. In addition to our regularly scheduled projects, we are responsible for ad hoc research requests from senior management as well as emerging risk analyses for our respective committees.
CRDA is part of the Americas Risk Management department within Americas Services. CRDA is responsible for the industry outlooks for the Operations portfolio.
Industry Research Reports (Twice a year per primary industry):
(1) Primary Industry Coverage: Health Care & Consumer
(2) Secondary Industry Coverage: Real Estate
(3) Conduct top-down industry fundamental analysis, with a focus on portfolio exposure, and assign long term and short term credit outlooks on an industry and sub-industry level. Include industry trends, market dynamics, long-term forecasts, etc.
(4) Independently mange timeline for research report deadlines, including effectively presenting industry outlook, with quantitatively and qualitatively backed analysis, in a concise manner.
(5) Serve as the trusted advisor to internal stakeholders and subject matter expert in assigned industry coverage areas, engaging in active dialogue with portfolio management group, front office, credit department, risk management group and senior management.
(6) Keep abreast on coverage companies’ earnings and events, actively monitoring industry trends via news, macroeconomic events/data, equity markets, credit markets, CDS and other industry-specific metrics to evaluate potential changes in fundamental industry/sub-industry outlook.
(7) Articulate relevant findings and potential opportunities or risks in a timely manner to internal stakeholders.
(8) Lead and/or support ad hoc research on broad-based or industry-specific risks (i.e. Covid-19, Elections, etc.)
2. Monthly KRI Reports (Once a Month)
(1) Develop key risk indicators (KRI) with significant impact to coverage industries to evaluate trigger/stress points. Effectively evaluate changes in KRI to properly monitor changes in industry or sub-industry credit health.
1. Demonstrated in-depth knowledge across health care and consumer industries; real estate a plus.
(1) Advanced industry and financial research skills with strong preference for candidates with at least three (3) years of prior investment banking, equity research, management consultant, rating agency or buy-side experience
(2) Proven valuation, financial modeling and credit analysis experience
(3) Demonstrated ability to accurately identify and evaluate underlying risk elements of corporate borrowers at a macro level
(4) High level of proficiency at writing well-organized, accurate and concise reports
(5) Strong multitasking ability to proactively monitor portfolio coverage within assigned industries to detect potential credit deterioration or opportunities at an early stage
(6) Expertise in above coverage industries and experience performing all above responsibilities with limited involvement by direct supervisor
2. Other skills/abilities/knowledge
(1) Ability to complete research reports independently
(2) Ability to effectively lead meetings with internal stakeholders as part of the research process
(3) Exceptional time management skills and ability to work under pressure under time sensitive conditions
(4) Ability to plan and schedule work to meet both long-term and short-term time deadlines
(5) Consistently demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
(6) Excellent interpersonal skills
(7) Capable of working well independently and in teams
(8) Effectively analyzes and solves problems/issues
(9) Advanced proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
(10) Advanced proficiency in Bloomberg, S&P CapitalIQ and Market Intelligence. Moody’s and EvaluatePharma a plus.