Job #: 1443
Title: Recruiting Manager
Momentum is looking for a Recruiting Manager.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, a proven track record for excellence and results, are innovative and great at connecting people with talent and values that match an organization’s talent needs and values, this is the ideal opportunity.
The Funds seeks a dynamic, self-sufficient, and innovative Talent Acquisition Manager to lead the organization’s strategy to attract and retain the best talent for its diverse lines of service and operations.
The Funds has developed a reputation for delivering quality benefits and services to over 100,000 building services men, women plus their dependents.
This role will secure a pipeline of talent that matches the Funds’ talent needs; partner with the hiring community to create innovative search processes that are effective; and support the hiring community with in-depth and insightful assessments of candidates so that hiring managers can make informed decisions.
A successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in managing searches for line, middle and upper management roles in a benefits delivery, retirement services organization or similar benefits delivery environment; prior experience in a line and or management role is a plus; an ability to provide insightful feedback about candidates to hiring community that motivates decisions about candidates; at least 2 years of experience with high level searches and/or project management; practiced in developing and managing applicant tracking systems; proven success in developing talent pipelines through job boards, social media, professional networks, LinkedIn Recruiter, and other talent search platforms; impeccable organizational skills; and is technologically savvy.
- Under the direct supervision of the Director of Human Resources & Organizational Development, the Talent Acquisition Manager provides leadership, support, advocacy and vision to the Funds’ hiring community and talent acquisition life cycle. The incumbent plays a critical role in ensuring that the Funds’ attracts the best talent in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquire a clear understanding of the culture and subcultures within the organization;
- Develop effective relationships within the organization and the hiring community that fosters teamwork;
- Define roles and responsibilities of community hiring managers, and develop service-level agreements to ensure an effective and efficient talent acquisition lifecycle;
- Build a pipeline of desirable candidates using innovative ideas, tools and sourcing platforms such as social and business media, professional e-networks, e-job boards, networking events, etc.;
- Manage the entire life cycle of the talent acquisition process for all positions (i.e. update job descriptions, source, prescreen, schedule and conduct interviews and references, offers, and onboard candidates, etc.);
- Screen resumes, conduct pre-screens and interviews, administer appropriate assessments and references, make recommendations for hire (or not hire) and negotiate employment offers for all searches;
- Communicate to hiring managers, both orally and written, assessments and impressions of candidates that are intuitive and clear regarding a candidate’s relevant experience, competencies, and cultural fit so that hiring managers are able to make informed decisions;
- Follow up with potential candidates and hiring managers to keep them abreast of developments in the search process;
- Maintain and manage the overall process and candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS);
- Develop and meet desired talent acquisition metrics and goals; · Direct the efforts of employment agencies and search firms, including negotiating and controlling employment-related fees;
- Arrange travel and lodging for applicants, when necessary; · Research, analyze, prepare, present and respond to talent acquisition statistical trends; work closely with the Director of HR and the HRIS Analyst to collect and coordinate aggregate data for talent;
- Develop and conduct training programs for hiring community with a goal of improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the talent acquisition process;
- Manage application/resume file and retention according to organization policy;
- Work with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state/local laws and regulations;
- Work with the Director of HR and Communications team and lead employment branding initiatives;
- Maintain memberships and affiliations with professional organizations related to industry; and Participate or lead special projects as needed.
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of work experience and education required; ·
Minimum 5 years of full life cycle professional recruitment experience, ideally in a benefits delivery or retirement services environment; ·
2 years of experience with high level searches and/or project management; ·
2 years maintaining and managing applicant tracking systems (ATS); ADP Workforce Now a plus; ·
Proven ability to manage multiple searches simultaneously: line, middle and upper management roles; ·
Effective relationship management skills and ability to apply them across all levels within the organization; ·
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
Must demonstrate exceptional judgement with critical evaluation and analytical skills; ·
Demonstrated ability in identifying the best people for the job using behavioral interviewing techniques and other methods; ·
Ability to influence and make a compelling assessment of candidates for decision making; including the ability to make compelling offers to candidates; ·
Experience with a broad range of sourcing methodologies: professional networks, e-job boards, social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn Recruiter, etc.) and referral programs; ·
Well organized, attentive to detail, able to multitask, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines; and ·
Ability to work independently; and as part of a diverse team.