Job #: 791
Title: Rates Technology – Production Support Analyst
The prime responsibility of a Rates Production Services team member is to manage the 1st and 2nd line support to the trading and risk systems across the Rates business. The ideal candidate will have strong technical and business knowledge of the Rates space including the tasks, and requirements, of running within a fast paced trading environment.
Front Office Fixed Income Rates support role with working business knowledge of Treasuries, Govies, Swaps, Options, Cash, Agency. This is a hands-on role facing off / suppoting the desk/traders and MO users for all Pricing, Execution, Trade Capture, Risk, & PnL applications.
The Rates Application Production Support team is responsible for the support of all Rates related systems – Order Management, Trading applications, Position, Risk and P&L applications.
· Support of all Rates production applications – this includes appropriate escalation and ownership to completion of all reported issues and requests.
· This role involves extensive face-to-face, telephone and email interaction with the business (Traders and Salespeople) and business support staff, i.e. Business Management, Middle Office, Back Office and Compliance etc.
· Interaction with various application development teams to ensure proper delivery of new applications, upgradesreleases and to maintain a high-level of ongoing support for all production applications
· Interaction with various core infrastructure technology groups to ensure management and maintenance of application dependent core infrastructure
· Ability to apply problem solving skills prior to escalation to another team
· Maintain team knowledge base of known issues, steps required to address particular issuestasks, documentation of new processes and general updates to keep content current
· Logging of tickets for each and every reported issue to build up a knowledge base, identification of issue trends and for generation of metrics for management reporting
· Understanding and adherence to established processes such as Release to Production, Incident Management, etc.
Minimum 3 years’ experience in trade floor Production Support.
Good understanding of Fixed income Rates products (Credit and Swaps a bonus) with knowledge of Risk, Position and P&L Management, Order Management etc.
Experience with electronic trading applications that have connectivity to external trading applications such as Bloomberg, Tradeweb,eSpeed and MarkItWire to send/retrieve information.
Working knowledge in Perl, ksh/csh/bourne shell programming a plus
Able to navigate in UNIX and Windows proficently, reading and understanding the UNIX file system.
A good understanding ITIL practices.
Able to troubleshoot problems in multiple environments.
Strong technical and analytical skills.
Excellent communication skills, ability to multi-task, and work towards tight deadlines.
Able to handle a fast paced trading environment.
Sense of urgency when handling production issues impacting the deskfirms ability to do business
Experience of monitoring software and maintaining and improving rulebases.
Fixed income and derivatives product experience
Autosys setup and configuration
ION Trading Platform