Job #: 1477
Title: QA Engineer – Ann Arbor, Michigan
* Applies expertise related to estimation, design, development and execution of manual and automation test cases and procedures, based on requirements relevant to test plan for product and system testing
* Depending on specific requirements, writes effective manual and automation test cases and/or automated frameworks
* Performs software defect tracking and regression for identified software release
* Participates in regular testing activities across the trading product releases
* Assists in planning, analyzing, designing, developing, and executing training, relative to manual testing, automation/load testing tools and methodologies
* Analyzes and understands each product’s environment, architecture, and interdependencies to determine and apply appropriate test methodologies and test cases relative to applications being tested
* Sets up test environments and builds out interdependent test beds
* Designs, develops, and executes reusable and maintainable automation scripts; plans and executes functional and system level testing of products across all platforms to test various features; applies expertise in understanding issues that may arise around automated/load testing and assists in researching and providing solutions and to add, modify, or enhance previously recorded automated scripts
* Uses appropriate quality control tools to uncover defects and discover the state of the code; analyzes and records testing results and defects
* Assists developers in reproducing problems and getting them resolved
* Participates in design activity with other programmers on technical aspects relating to testing, including functional specifications, design parameters, feature enhancements, and alternative solutions
* Contributes to the creation of status, technical, and management reports as required
* Actively supports and provides guidance on the company’s software engineering and test processes, procedures, standards and customer use cases
* Establishes and maintains thorough and accurate documentation of all work including status updates to summarize project highlights
* Provides test‐related technical direction and project management within a project/scrum team; provides guidance in methodology selection, project planning, the review of work products; may serve in a part‐time technical lead capacity to a limited number of junior test engineers, providing immediate direction and guidance
* Works closely with Technical Business Analyst, Software Engineers, Product Managers and other departments (operations, support and IT)
* Keeps technically abreast of trends and advancements within area of specialization, incorporating these improvements where applicable; attends technical conferences as appropriate
* MUST have Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field
* Minimum of 5-7 years of work experience directly related to the job responsibilities.
* MUST be a US citizen or a Green Card holder
* Expertise working with release procedures, test methodologies, QA process and software defect tracking; demonstrate expert level on implementing test methodologies and tools (e.g Selenium, Junit, Java, JIRA, Quality Center) to write automation test scripts and test cases for software products.
* Solid experience in testing applications(native) for Mobile platforms (both iOS and Android)
* Experience as a contributor for implementing design and development approach, unit testing, debugging and integrating code; demonstrate ability to apply appropriate test methodologies including writing test plans and test cases
* MUST HAVE some programming experience using Java or other OO Language (C#, Object C, Swift). Will use this to create test automation frameworks.
* Good knowledge of Linux/Unix, Windows, Mobile OS (iOS and Android) as well as native applications including installation, operation and configuration; good understanding of software/protocols and database concepts; general understanding of software programming structure
* Experience with CI tools like Team City or Jenkins.
* Experience working in Agile development environments.
* Experience with Project/Configuration Management methodologies and tools desired (e.g., Scrum, JIRA, Quality Center); experience in test effort estimation and tracking and leading projects of limited scope
* Knowledge and experience with relational database technologies (SQL, schema design)
* Excellent leadership, communication, and interaction skills; collaborating in a team environment
* Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
* Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills with the ability to come up with creative solutions
* Experience with complex trading products/systems is preferred
* Good knowledge on Groovy, XCTest, UI Automator, TeamCity, Gradle, Maven, XCode, Android SDK, IntelliJ IDEA, Bitbucket, Java, Objective C, Swift is highly preferred.