Job #: 2442
Title: Python Developer Ann Arbor, MI
Join our data science team in the Ann Arbor, MI office as a Python/SQL software developer!
In this role you’ll design, develop, and deploy data science solutions which may require research into cutting-edge methods, quantitative analysis, and modern development processes.
Our team uses a diverse stack that includes Python, SQL, NoSQL, Docker, Apache Airflow, and Elasticsearch.
An ideal candidate should be proficient programming with Python and SQL and be motivated to independently research and keep up with modern development trends to expand their knowledge.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable collaborating with teams with different technical backgrounds, and work well with teammates at various skill levels and be flexible by contributing to a variety of projects.
Since the data science group builds end-to-end solutions, the ideal candidate should be comfortable developing, troubleshooting, and maintaining projects in each phase of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
– Performs analytics oriented product design tasks of a moderate to high complexity which may require research and analysis
– Perform system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting, testing, debugging, and documentation, although specific skill requirements could vary based on the type of development being performed
– Work independently and with supervisory review on moderate to highly complex programming tasks. Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions. Prepares program specifications and develops coding logic flowcharts
– Participates in client interactions, possibly with more senior team members, to develop system solutions to business problems
– Works within established procedures to develop, test, implement, and maintain application software
– Minimum of 3 years of experience with Python (must have strong understanding)
– Minimum of 2 years of experience with SQL
– Solid understanding of techniques for processing large volumes of data efficiently
– Solid understanding of the design and development of RESTful API’s
– Ability to be a supportive teammate that is open to mentoring others
– Ability to communicate directly and transparently in a professional manner
Preferred Skills, Education, Experience:
– NoSQL databases (MongoDB or Cassandra)
– Experience working with Elasticsearch
– Containerized deployments using Docker and/or Kubernetes
– ETL management using Apache Airflow
– Distributed queues such as RabbitMQ or Redis
– Distributed task managers such as Celery