Job #: 2619
Title: Project/Portfolio Manager
This role will be responsible for supporting activities including strategic planning, budgeting, resource management, time management, and reporting. The position will support Lending, Data Warehouse and Reporting Team, Mortgages, Market Risk, and Banking Operational Risk.
• Prior experience working in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
• Very strong analytical skills with ability to gather/synthesize information and summarize issues.
• Ability to independently identify issues and anomalies, analyze possible resolutions, and recommend corrective course of action.
• Interface with Project Managers on project costing, budgeting, resource management, and work effort tracking.
• Assist in weekly and monthly portfolio reporting to generate Bank and Business unit reports.
• Review project status content and RAG statuses.
• Create suggestions for improvements to processes.
• Execute frequent reports to ensure departments (internal and external) are forecasted appropriately to work efforts and within budget to projects; partner with departments to resolve deviations from allocations.
• Perform forecasting of IT resources, projects and services; including hardware and software.
• Produce quantitative monthly financial review/analysis reports for programs with supporting qualitative commentary on financial variance to targets.
• Administer project related IT financial management across the project portfolio including monitoring actuals vs budget and determining project related corrective action where necessary.
• Facilitate creation of wallets and technology funding requests for external vendor engagements.
• Support hiring managers in the creation/review of critical hire justifications, job descriptions, forecasting to facilitate recruitment, onboarding of employee and consultant positions, manager changes, and resource off boarding.
• Compilation, administration, and delivery of team based and organization based rosters, trends, and resource ratios.
• Liaise with staffing vendors and Human Resources through the onboarding process.
• Excellent working knowledge of Excel (i.e., pivot table creation, multiple dataset consolidation, etc.) is essential.
• Minimum of 5+ years of Business Management and PMO experience.
• Work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
• Capable of effectively meeting time-sensitive deliverables with accuracy and a high level of attention to detail.
• Outstanding written/verbal/ interpersonal/communication skills
• Excellent people management skills; including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results through others who are not direct reports.
• PMP Certification
• Previous experience with financial and resource management tools (i.e.; Serena IG, TM1, PeopleTracker, etc.).
• Understanding of technology principles and services including infrastructure, business applications, data management, security, application platforms, and consumer facing technology.
• Previous experience in the financial services field, with emphasis on banking/lending technology.
• Master of Business Administration (MBA).