Job #: 2352
Title: Project Manager – Data Center
Job Title: Data Center Refresh Project Manager
This position will be part of the Data Center team for a respectable financial institution. The position will report to the VP of the Data Center Project Management team and will have responsibility for managing one or more data center refresh related projects. The majority of any project work will involve internal coordination between Network; Enterprise Computing, I.T. and/or firm business units on the refresh of IT hardware within existing data center POD’s and/or new and existing POD’s. The role may also include the oversight of project related data center activities including the management of white-space, build-out activities such as the rack /stack of equipment; network patching; equipment delivery/deployment.
• Responsible for developing high level and low level project plans and budgets for data center refresh and/or build out projects.
• Responsible for the management, coordination, and execution of all assigned tasks and resources.
• Responsible for tailoring existing best practices for project and operational management to suit the needs of this project.
• Responsible for all communication on the status of the project to the rest of the IT project team, IT departments.
• Responsible for all coordinating all activities of the projects between these same parties as well as external resources such as the Engineering Design Team, the General Contractor, etc.
• Responsible for development and timely delivery of all IT related deliverables.
• Responsible for maintaining the project share point site for the project documentation and information, modifying the design and function of the site as required.
• Creation of and assist with RFP & RFI documentation relating to White Space products and services, including participating in global RFP initiatives & events.
• Travel will be required in the NY Metro area and NJ. Some out of area travel may be required.
• Experience in IT hardware refresh or migration projects.
• Working knowledge of: networking, server, storage/hardware technologies.
• Capable of simultaneously managing activities at multiple sites under multiple projects.
• Good leadership and organizational skills
• PMP, Six Sigma & ITIL certification preferred, PMBOK principles and understanding is required.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Experienced in the development of specifications and other technical documentation.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an engineering discipline.
• Competent in the use of all basic MS Office Automation products à SharePoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Power point, and Project.
• Working knowledge of specialty environments such as Market Data and/or internet plants.
• Experience & expertise in Data Center project management.
• Basic knowledge of Data Center Technology and Service Management.
• Working background in Structured Cabling Systems
• Understanding of Data Center best practices