Job #: 2447
Title: Project Manager
PM Job Description
This project management role will focus on development and enhancement work associated with Retail Life Products emphasizing Whole Life and Term project work. While working on an Agile Release Train, the project manager will demonstrate knowledge of retail life insurance products and related administration systems.
• Prior Experience with retail product/project development
• Development of retail Life product administration systems
• Experience with Life Insurance Products and/or Financial Services
• 7+ years of project management experience in Insurance or Financial Services industry
• 7+ years of experience directing large scale, end-to-end complex projects
• Ability to manage multiple projects and/or workstreams simultaneously
• 5+ years managing end-to-end large-scale complex IT and Application development projects
• Stakeholder Management and ongoing Status Reporting
• Experience with SAFe / Agile Scrum environment
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills • Resource allocation and budget updates
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to bridge / facilitate / report efforts between technical and business teams via meetings, status reports, resource management
• Methodical and detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills; ensure assigned activities are managed in-line with business priorities.
• Highly motivated self-starter demonstrating integrity, initiative and innovation qualities. • Strong understanding of agile principles, including experience working with Scrum Masters and Product Managers.
• Understand the holistic business and technology goals while managing the detailed project execution.
• Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Clarity (preferred) and SharePoint.
• Expertise in Project Management methodologies, tools and techniques (SDLC and Agile).
• Experience with Life Product Administration systems is highly preferred
• PMP Certification preferred
• Prior experience in an Agile / SAFe environment
• Manages and oversees the full system development process, and turnover to production, across internal and external teams.
• Defines and manages resource requirements and allocations, monitors and improves quality, and ensures ‘best practice’ development techniques.
• Act as gate keeper to ensure that all milestone deliverables meet with defined standards.
• Deliverables include requirement definitions, functional specification, architecture design, technical specifications, release notes, installation guides, solution summary, and other documentation.
• Follows approved SDLC and project management methodology, ensuring that all required steps are followed, all required deliverables are produced, and all approvals are obtained.
• Accountable for directing work effort of IT staff assigned to project.
• Owns IT issue resolution and risk management.
• Coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments
• Provides technical and analytical support and guidance to project team members.
• Demonstrate leadership abilities to bridge the communications gap between business , NYL technical teams and vendor
• Coordinate, lead and/or participate in technology engineering efforts and meetings to determine optimal approach, design, risk mitigation, defect resolution, etc.
• Updates IT project status regularly