Job #: 2661
Title: Production Support Engineer
We are looking for a SRE Production Support Engineer Lead with a minimum of 8 years of industry experience, preferably working in the financial IT community. The position in the Global Banking Technology team is focused on delivering exceptional services to both BU and development partners to minimize/avoid any production outages. The hands on role will focus on lending application within the Global Banking Technology working with the team to build and support stable and reliable production system.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about automation and skilled in one of the programming language JAVA, Python, or the like. Candidate should have working knowledge of cloud based deployments and experience in continuous integration and delivery.
Candidate should possess a strong understanding of database concepts, Scheduling Jobs, MQ, Web services and have hands-on experience in a scripting language, UNIX/LINUX/Windows OS as well as experience with debugging applications.
We are looking for a team player with excellent communications skills who is committed to continuously improving and delivering results.
Candidate should be organized, disciplined, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and delivery-focused.
* Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design, through deployment, operation, capacity planning and launch reviews.
* Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity; includes automation for other various operational needs.
* Ability to interface with different teams like IT Dev managers, Infrastructure teams and lead as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the application(s) supported.
* Understand the overall business flow of supported application systems and its interface with clients
* Work closely with Application Development to ensure that the support team has excellent knowledge of the application set own and maintain support knowledgebase and documents
* Test and tune network, hardware, and software configurations to maximize performance
* Use of analytical skills to find trends in the environment and drive out problems.
* Lead effort to determine improvement areas to stabilize the plant.
* Identify risks, responsive, and works with a sense of urgency plus work within a team or independently
* Partner with Operations and IT Managers to ensure processes are consistent and communications are handled appropriately
* Maintain applications once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health with a focus on business activities and continuously evaluate cost and waste
* Outage handling and preventing adverse impact of Incidents and problems on business due to error within IT infrastructure, ensuring maximum system availability and prompt and accurate remediation of issues
* 8+ years of experience in a production environment with a solid software development background and understanding of performance tuning, end-to-end troubleshooting, networking fundamentals and appropriate attention to detail.
* Understanding of Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols along the way.
* Demonstrated systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
* Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug, optimize code and to automate routine tasks.
* Strong experience in at least one of the following languages: Java, Python and shell scripting and cloud driven development.
* Strong query building and database skills with DB2, SQLServer
* Practical experience on Agile Methodology (e.g. Scrum) Strong experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment
* Strong experience in environment on demand for both Virtual Machines and containers
* Bachelors/Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related technical field involving software/systems engineering
* Knowledge of Cloud based deployment, security, networking concepts in Azure and AWS
* Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
* Experience with Loan IQ application along with the installation structure.