Job #: 1421
Title: Print Engineer
Momentum is looking for an Enterprise Print Services Engineer
We are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Enterprise Print Services Engineer for a 6-month contract with possibility of converting to permanent position based on performance.
Consultant during this engagement is expected to travel 10% within the 5 boroughs of NYC.
The Enterprise Print Services Engineer will own features, enhancements, documentation and maintenance of the Enterprise Printing environment and coordinate between the various teams (Epic, Cerner, HCLL) to ensure proper configuration and delivery of print jobs.
- Maintain, secure and update existing Windows Enterprise Print Servers.
- Perform new Windows OS based print server installations, upgrades, and migrations.
- Create and manage print queues in the Enterprise Print Environment.
- Monitor print queues and delete queues that are no longer active.
- Coordinate between the various EITS teams to manage end to end printing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve server hardware, software, and network issues with Windows system.
- Resolve and respond to all incident and change request tickets assigned to the team.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers and third-party software/hardware vendors.
- Provide various technical reports as requested by senior management.
- Produce new and maintain the existing technical documentation (e.g. administrative procedures, configuration drawings, SLAs, etc.).
- Support EPIC/Cerner/Millenium/Northwell printing with respect the Enterprise Print System.
- Manage deployment of the Enterprise Print Environment to all facilities.
- Assist in Management of print services vendors, adhere to service SLAs, aligns printer provisioning with the assigned queues.
- Provide off-hour support and outage escalations as needed.
Qualifications / Required Skill:
- A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Economics/Statistics, Telecommunications, Data Communications, or a related field of study; or
- Five (5) years of progressive, responsible experience in the field of data processing, computer systems and applications.
- Excellent Scripting experience using PowerShell, VBscript or CMD/BATCH
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft’s Windows Server OS (2012/2016), Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, Active Directory.
- Familiarity with VMWare, Hyper-V, Novell e-Directory, RedHat/SuSe
- Linux is an advantage