Job #: 1258
Title: Postgres Engineer
Momentum is looking for a Database Engineer:- Primary: PostGresSQL. This candidate will sit in Alpharetta, GA
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Database Engineer is a role that relentlessly engineers, simplifies, and automates solutions that efficiently support growth and enable accelerate innovation.
- Database engineers maintain end to end accountability for the database platforms, Requirements thru support. They maintain key relationships with all stakeholders (Internal to the team, Customers/Development Teams, Engineering partners, and Vendors) to ensure they are providing the highest quality of service at the best cost.
- Database Engineers are expected to be results-oriented, have knowledge of new and legacy technologies, have knowledge of the relevant platforms and environments, and be familiar with the business process, functions and data within their domain to provide innovative, insightful and secure solutions in a highly agile work environment
- Implement automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration of PostgreSQL for production and non-production environments
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (Product Managers, Architects, Developers, Service Managers, and Scrum Masters) to gather requirements and engineer solutions that meet business need and in alignment with the overall vision.
- Continually automate routine operational database tasks and provide the customers with options to self-service their requirements
- Develop highly available Database systems that can sustain operational and disaster scenarios
- Eliminate technical debt across Database infrastructure
- Research, recommend and introduce new technologies and new uses of existing technologies partnering with development partners and other subject matter experts
- Optimize the database infrastructure by proactively gathering necessary metrics to analyze and forecast the DB resources and minimize or eliminate any database related impact.
- Be the database subject matter expert/partner for the development teams and work with them to ensure the database is always performing at the best possible levels
- Create efficiencies by identifying and providing solutions that automate all aspects of planning, provisioning, and maintaining Database infrastructure.
- Frequently is a liaison between vendors, developers, clients, infrastructure engineers and management. Enhances customer service and relationships with clients
Subject Matter Expertise:
In depth knowledge in Data Modeling/Data Architecture, Database infrastructure Architecture, Design, and implementation for RDBMS, NO SQL and Big Data technologies
o 5+ years of experience in PostgresSQL thru Version 10
o 5+ years of experience configuring, implementing and supporting large highly available PostgresSQL environments using streaming replication/logshipping. Experienced with failover manager, Replication Server, and Active/Passive clustering and Hot standby.
o Experienced with Enterprise manager, SPL coding, pgSQL
o Expert in Backup/restore(pg_dump), disaster recovery principles and practices, including planning, testing, and implementation
o Experience running and supporting very large databases under high transaction rates (OLTP, VLDB).
o Thorough knowledge of current hardware systems, Operating systems and storage subsystems commonly used in fault tolerant production environments.
Expert in one or more areas of performance tuning, Backup and Recovery, High Availability, data replication, and automation, related to one or more database technologies
Expertise with Oracle and knowledgeable with other NO SQL DB technologies like Mongo. Familiarity/expertise in open source DB technologies.
Prior experience in implementing/managing SQL Server or other database systems in a cloud environment (AWS/Azure)
All candidates must demonstrate a strong ability for problem solving.
Self-motivated and able to manage a portfolio of products with little direction
Experience working in an agile SCRUM environment
Demonstrated background in automation using one or more development tools like Power shell, Python, Ansible, HPOO, Bladelogic, C , Java, Perl or equivalent tools/languages
PostgresSQL, Power Shell, Ansible, DBA, Database, Administrator, Mongo, Architect
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following other than the primary skill set of SQL server
Experience in bigdata and nosql technologies (Hadoop umbrella of technologies, Mongo, Gemfire, Graph, Cassandra), PostGres, MySQL