Job #: 1701
Title: Postgres DBA
We do not have sufficient expertise in database engineering to support the demand for PostgreSQL database implementation and expected future demand. This product provides the path to migrate from Oracle and reduce the associated licensing costs. This allows UBS a clear path of migration from Oracle Dbaas to PostgreSQL on Premises/Cloud.
Must-Have Skills & Qualifications:
Are you looking for a role as a Senior database engineer? Do you have a background that includes supporting PostgreSQL? Are you interested in a challenging position where you can help lead the way to introducing a new database platform to the organization? We’re looking for someone with the following skills:
• Deep experience and knowledge as a PostgreSQL Engineer or DBA.
• Experience engineering and managing Oracle databases.
• Coding experience of stored objects using PL/SQL and PL/pgSQL.
• Understanding of PostgreSQL 11 new features.
• Well versed in High Availability and Disaster Recovery requirements and solutions.
• Experience with database migrations (ideally from Oracle to Postgres).
• Extensive experience with Linux/Unix based systems.
• Fluency in Linux/Unix shell scripting.
• Knowledge of virtualization technologies such as Docker.
• Knowledge of cloud infrastructures such as Azure.
• Experience with reusable frameworks and tools like Ansible, Jira and GitHub.