Job #: 1452
Title: Plan Director
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Manage multiple vendor relationships, support and deliverables. Negotiate terms. Act independently on services and projects with high visibility and monetary impact. Advise leadership on problems of a highly complex nature. Develop strategic vision for Core Application Services team. Work closely with the customer which may impact future business. Provide leadership over end to end process IT deliverables/multiple components.
Knowledge of Business
- Expert knowledge of applications end-to-end, as well as related operational workflows.
- Provides complex applications development and programming guidance for core operations.
- Ensures SDLC development cycle guidelines are followed.
- Works closely with Business Systems Analysts to specify requirements and translate them to well-designed software solutions.
- Set and work with the team to achieve weekly/monthly/quarterly achievement goals.
- Provides comprehensive and well-written documentation, which identifies changes to programs.
- Demonstrates proficiency with the principles and methodologies of process improvement. Applies these in the execution of responsibilities in support of a process focused approach.
Technology – Tools
- Knowledge of SSIS, MS SQL Server, TSQL/SQL Coding, Visual Basic, C# and MS Excel
- Collaborates with internal customers to gather and document operational and functional requirements, including business subject matter experts and other IS staff to specify requirements and translate them to well-designed data software solutions.
- Applies understanding, conceptually and technically, of the impact of modifications to systems in their entirety.
- Develops and implements operating standards and procedures to ensure quality and integrity in data collection, input and reporting in automated and manual systems
- Service Excellence
- Compliant with all Core Process, Core Documentation, Service Delivery and Demand Management metrics and standards. Develops and implements improvement plans that significantly enhance service. Delivers service innovation to improve service or lower cost.
- Solicits, interprets, analyzes business requirements.
- Applies comprehensive understanding of all aspects of business requirements and their relationship to application requirements to provide advice and consultation to business units and project teams on effective solutions to complex business process challenges.
- Provides functional assistance in determining root cause for production problems and supported applications.
Completes the development of written design documents, business process diagrams and other required forms.
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with peers and users, including effective collaborative problem solving, responsive communications and cordial interpersonal relationships.
- Project Management
- Ability to simultaneously scope, implement multiple strategic projects (500+ hours), lead project team and deliver on-time, on-budget while meeting business objectives. Individual must work on a professional level using defined best practices and communicate status to stake holders
- Provides appropriate resource and level of effort estimations consistent with assigned project need and expected deliverables; supported by feasibility studies, expense analysis, cost projections, etc.
- Actively participates in the interpretation of business requirements.
- Directly performs the necessary administration to the software, ensuring the proper tracking of new and/or updated computer programs/copies.
- Provides direction to Business Systems Analysts assigned to projects, as required.
- Reviews work of assigned team members for structure, technique, maintainability, use of common routines, and standards. Identifies needed improvements and instructs team to perform improvements as required.
- Estimates the effort necessary to accomplish project tasks.
- Accounts for any variance between estimates and actual time required to complete project tasks.
- Responsible for the timely completion of all project tasks and the accurate tracking and reporting of project progress.
- Recognizes the severity of potential project delays and escalates to management timely and effectively.
- Provides management/oversight for direct reports including staffing, development and all other HR matters..
- Ensures supply of resources meets work demand.
- Ensures that staff is trained and compliant with standards and best practices.