Job #: 1744
Title: Python Developer – Ann Arbor, MI
Software Engineer, Data Engineering Infrastructure
is seeking a highly motivated individual as a Software Engineer on its Data Science Team. This individual should have exceptional software engineering capability and be able to use these skills to apply and improve the performance of cutting-edge data science approaches. Emphasis is placed on creating scalable, AI-driven solutions, especially in the areas of recommendation systems, topic classification of customer interactions, and real-time risk alerting for millions of customers.
Leverage your knowledge of Python, Scripting, SQL/NoSQL Java to build data science pipelines including data ingestion (real time, structured and unstructured), data science model execution, model results export and expose data science functionality via API/Web Service. Work with other technology partners to implement data science solutions within the eco system of tools/technologies. Demonstrate your knowledge and experience by troubleshooting and solving critical issues that may involve many systems and platforms within a complex infrastructure. You can expect to work on small to large projects and maintenance efforts.
Experience in the following areas of a data science pipeline are highly preferred:
• Model integration: Interface data science models with end-consumers through RESTful web services and microservices.
• Database development: Ingest and persist data in an appropriate database; optimize data architecture and availability.
• Exceptional capability to assess and apply new technologies in a short timeframe
• Design and operation of robust distributed systems
• Significant experience with Python / Scripting / Java preferred in that order
• Strong knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL)
• Some experience with NoSQL data processing
• Experience with development using open source technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, and Spark
• Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
• Eagerness to learn and apply new technologies
• Team player: readily willing to collaborate and assist within and outside of group
• Fluency with Git for version control
• Cloud computing capability (e.g., with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud)
• Knowledge of common machine learning and deep learning libraries (e.g., scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Apache Spark MLlib, etc) will be an added plus
Education and work experience
● Master’s degree in Computer Science or related area
● 3+ years work experience